Welcome to Module 1! In this module you will learn what SELECT Programs calls “The Technology Basics”, meaning you will learn and / or review different vocabulary and skills related to technology.
No matter what your skill level is, it is important that you review the information in this module and practice the assigned exercises that way we are all on the same page throughout the entire program.
Before beginning on this module, make sure you have read through this entire introduction, and read the Student “I Can” Statements and Module Tasks below:
Student “I Can” Statements
- I can understand the requirements and responsibilities of being a SELECT Programs student.
- I can understand the vocabulary associated with technology based skills in order to complete program tasks.
- I can use the appropriate terminology and skills when discussing program tasks.
- I can understand the basic vocabulary, skills, and functions of different applications, software, and technologies.
- Read the Module 1 Introduction, Student “I Can” Statements, and Module Tasks.
- Review the Technology Vocabulary section.
- Review the Technology Icons section.
- Review the Keyboard Shortcuts section.