Welcome to Module 11! In this module you will learn about setting goals using the SMART Goals method. SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Action Plan, Realistic, and Timely. These characteristics will not only help you achieve your goals, but grow your knowledge and skills during the process.
No matter what your skill level is, it is important that you review the information in this module and practice the assigned exercises that way we are all on the same page throughout the entire program.
Before beginning on this module, make sure you have read through this entire introduction, and read the Student “I Can” Statements and Module Tasks below:
Student “I Can” Statements
- I can develop an understanding of the language, vocabulary, and jargon related to professional skills throughout the program.
- I can develop my own strategies and techniques to complete program tasks.
- I can adapt the knowledge and skill sets that were developed in the program into other areas of my life.
- Read the Module 11 Introduction, Student “I Can” Statements, and Module Tasks.
- Review the Setting SMART Goals presentation.
- Complete the SMART Goals Notes and Exercises.
- Complete the SMART Goals Activity.
- Reflect on the steps you took this week to reach your goal by completing the Journal Activity.