Welcome to Module 13! In this module you will learn about effective feedback, specifically what it is and how to give it.
Effective feedback is commonly known as constructive criticism. Everyone benefits from effective feedback because that is how we develop and improve different skills, whether it is a professional skill, a soft skill, or a technology skill.
Something to keep in mind as you go throughout your life is that you never want to stop growing and learning, and you do not want others to stop either. Learning to receive effective feedback and to give effective feedback can make this process of learning easier!
Before beginning on this module, make sure you have read through this entire introduction, and read the Student “I Can” Statements and Module Tasks below:
Student “I Can” Statements
- I can use effective communication skills to convey an idea or message to another person.
- I can learn effective, respectful, and successful ways to express myself.
- I can provide effective feedback, or constructive criticism, to team members in a positive way.
- I can effectively listen and receive feedback, or constructive criticism, from team members.
- Read the Module 13 Introduction, Student “I Can” Statements, and Module Tasks.
- Review the What is Effective Feedback? section.
- Review the Giving Feedback Guidelines section.
- Complete the Effective Feedback Assignment.