Welcome to Module 6! In this module you are going to learn how to create a professional presentation slideshow. Knowing how to create a professional presentation slideshow to accompany your presentation not only helps your audience as they listen to your presentation, but it helps you look more credible (or professional) as the presenter.
There are not set “rules” for creating a professional presentation slideshow like there are for email etiquette or digital citizenship, but there are guidelines to follow. Think of these guidelines as suggestions rather than requirements. Because of this, you get to exercise a lot of freedom when creating your slideshow presentation.
Before beginning on this module, make sure you have read through this entire introduction, and read the Student “I Can” Statements and Module Tasks below:
Student “I Can” Statements
- I can effectively communicate, or present, an idea, goal, or feedback to someone else.
- I can master an application, software, or piece of technology within a given time frame.
- I can develop my own strategies and techniques to complete program tasks.
- I can create a professional presentation to present information to an audience.
- Read the Module 6 Introduction, Student “I Can” Statements, and Module Tasks.
- Review the Creating a Professional Presentation section.
- Complete the About Me Presentation project.
- Complete the States Research Presentation project.