Welcome to Module 9! In this module you will learn about Word Processing. Many of you are probably already familiar with word processing because you have used something like Microsoft Word, Google Docs, or some other kind of word processor.
In this module though, we will dive deeper into what word processing looks in regards to accessibility as well as different genres. A genre is a category of composition characterized by similarities in form, style, or subject matter. Some examples of different genres include letters, resumes, essays, etc.
Before beginning on this module, make sure you have read through this entire introduction, and read the Student “I Can” Statements and Module Tasks below:
Student “I Can” Statements
- I can understand the vocabulary associated with technology based skills in order to complete program tasks.
- I can use the appropriate terminology and skills when discussing program tasks.
- I can understand the basic vocabulary, skills, and functions of different applications, software, and technologies.
- Read the Module 9 Introduction, Student “I Can” Statements, and Module Tasks.
- Review the What is Word Processing? presentation.
- Review the Text Styles section.
- Review the Letters section.
- Submit a Word Processing Certificate Request for your Professional Development Portfolio.